Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm one of those people!!!

   It's official, I am a person who carries an Epipen!  You know the nerdy kid in school that couldn't do ANYTHING?   Does this mean I HAVE to wear some kind of bracelet or neck tag that gives other people license to stab me with my own needle?
 How strange it is to be 35+3 ish and developing all these wonderful allergies.  Anyone else having any allergy issues?  Is it something my parents fed me when I was young?  What is going on? 
   All joking aside, I will be forever grateful to Nick for having an asthma inhaler close by.  You meet people for a reason!!!!  
   I am writing this because I got the scare of my life yesterday.  I have been developing different allergies over the last 10 years.  I am stubborn and have a really low tolerance to any type of drugs; soooo, I didn't really take anything for them.  Dumb!!!!!!!  10 weeks of shots for allergies?  are you crazy?  1 day a week for 10 whole weeks?   Well,  I'll be doing it next year for sure.  
   I guess what I'm really trying to say is DON'T IGNORE that little tickle in your throat.  If you have an annoying cough along with all the other wonderful symptoms( runny nose, itchy eyes....)  Make sure you tell your doctor or allergist.  Pay attention to anyone you know that has allergies and is coughing a lot;  make them go to the doctor.   You could be saving their life!!!  
  
 I didn't mean for this to be a downer post folks, but It's important!  I promise to write about something cheery tomorrow.   
Take care of yourselves, pay attention to your body and thanks for reading!!!
 

No comments: